Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant
- Perform complex administrative and specialized assignments typically in a large operations area.
- May also perform secretarial assignments.
- Organize office administration to improve operational efficiency.
- Provide support to several department management groups.
- Responsible for record keeping on various programs that require special handling or contain confidential information.
- Recommend, document, and implement new procedures, and provide effective training to department staff in new administrative procedures.
- Write reports, prepare spreadsheets, presentations and organizational charts, document activities, maintain records, etc.
- Perform financial payment processes and input and maintain data for specified programs.
- Compile and analyze data; write and edit reports; and prepare general correspondence.
Requirements of the Administrative Assistant
- 4 year of Administrative Assistant experience
- Proficiency with professional-level desktop office products
- Must have analytical, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Expert-typing and ability to transcribe with speed and accuracy.
- Expert-level experience with automated systems
- Interpersonal skills and self-disciplined to work independently on non-routine operational assignments.
- General knowledge of how to prepare spreadsheets, reports, assist in implementation of new policies/procedures, perform record keeping, financial/budget work, and audit compliance, etc.