Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant
- Abstract and compile data from medical records for appropriate optimal reimbursement for facility and/or professional charges.
- Perform clinical reviews with knowledge of body systems, anatomy and physiology.
- Prepare room and patient for the visit anticipating the needs of the physician.
- Collections of lab specimens and measure and perform vitals.
- Complete intake to include but not limited to: allergies, medications, problem list, reason for visit, vital signs and other clinical measures as required.
- Maintain a safe environment disposing of biohazardous waste and following procedures for disinfection.
- Assist physicians in preparing for and performing minor surgeries, dependent upon practice specialty.
- Perform medical procedures under the supervision of a physician including but not limited to EKGs, phlebotomy, basic lab tests, dressing changes, BP, etc.
Requirements of the Certified Medical Assistant
- Associate's degree from an accredited program and valid Medical Assistant license/certificate (CMA/RMA card)
- Minimum 4 years of Medical Assisting experience
- Proficiency in medical procedures and medical terminology in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of HIPPA Laws
- Some knowledge of Urology preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Must have Hepatitis B, MMR shot records, Current Physical, Current PPD and History of childhood immunizations
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality with a stable work history
CMA EXPERIENCE: 4 years
Required license or certification: