Responsibilities of the Practice Manager - Healthcare
- Plan, coordinate, direct and supervise various elements of a medical facility.
- Oversee billing and collections.
- Design patient services or implement work policies for employees.
- May handle scheduling, technical issues and daily patient flow.
- Manage manual and computerized medical records systems,
- Control stocks of equipment, stationery and drugs.
- Arrange the building's cleaning, maintenance and security attending practice meetings.
- Monitor prescriptions.
- Ensure that the day-to-day business is handled according to office and medical guidelines.
Requirements of the Practice Manager - Healthcare
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years' experience as a Practice Manager for Internal Medicine Practice
- Demonstrate success in sound leadership and management skills, including change management, consensus building, team-building and managing for results.
- Demonstrate effective skills in financial management.
- Must have excellent technology skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Practice Manager for Internal Medicine Practice: 5 years